Thursday, May 13, 2010

(GotD) PRESIDENT vs. Sam Sloan; Howard Stern



(Huge thanks to http://electronicchess.free.fr/index-UK.html for the picture!!!)

While I was flipping through the November, 1995 issue of CHESS magazine (British publication), I ran across the following game, which was contained in Eric Hallsworth's review of the Kasparov PRESIDENT, GK-2100 and TRAVEL CHAMPION 2100 chess computers (apparently they use the same chess engine). Somehow, I doubt they make the chess computers anymore. Anyhow, getting back to the article, the review posted one game (I guess to be used as an example), and the human player was S. Sloan. Naturally, putting 2 and 2 together, I figured it was Sam Sloan, hopefully I'm not wrong. BTW: PRESIDENT is a 32K program which runs on a fast 20 MHz H8 RISC chip. Eventually I'd like to find one of these.

BTW: Apparently Howard Stern is a chess player. I played thru both games that are located on the New York Times column here, but I'm not impressed (as usual), he's probably a really good player, as he is the student of Dan Heisman (his website is here). Howard talks a lot about chess on his radio show apparently.

No comments: